5 Ways to Keep Pets Safe this Summer
We’re smack dab in the middle of summer in New England and with the recent heat wave we’ve had it’s time to start thinking about our pets! We all remember to keep ourselves cool and hydrated but it’s important to think about our furry friends this time of year! Here are some things you can do to make sure your four-legged friends are safe this summer.
- Always make sure your pets have fresh, cold water to drink. Bring water with you if you are going to be traveling or away from home for a while.
- Avoid walking your dogs on hot sidewalks. Their paws can burn the same way our feet would on pavement that has been in the sun.
- Never leave your pet alone in the car. Even with the windows down, animals can get overheated.
- Offer your dogs ways to cool off. Fill up a kiddie pool with cold water and invite your pet in for a swim.
- Don’t leave pets outside while you’re away at work. Make sure they are indoors and are kept cool to avoid heatstroke.