It felt like summer was planning to stick around forever this year (we’re not complaining) but the cooler temps are finally here! If you’re like us and still haven’t packed away your summer clothes now is the time. Follow these 6 steps to keep things as organized as possible.
- Wash and dry all of your clothes before packing them away so you can launder any stains.
- If you don’t have any, purchase some storage containers. Plastic bins or air tight bags are both great options for storing clothes.
- Choose your storage location. Whether it’s in your closet, your basement or under your bed, make sure the spot is cleaned and ready for your containers.
- Rolling your clothes will allow for more space in your containers and less wrinkles. Roll tightly and organize clothes by separating tops from bottoms.
- Top your clothes with some clean dryer sheets before sealing up the containers. Your clothes will smell fresh when you open them up next spring.
- Lastly, label your containers “summer clothes” so you can easily locate them when the weather turns warm again!