Did you resolve to be healthier in 2012, but find yourself craving something sweet at the end of the day? Well look no further than these delicious fudge brownies! These yummy brownies come in at less than 150 calories by reducing the amount of butter and using a combination of cocoa and melted dark chocolate.
• 4 1/2 ounces all-purpose flour (1 cup)
• 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/3 cup butter
• 2 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
• 1 cup granulated sugar
• 1/4 cup 1% low-fat milk
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 2 large egg yolks
• 1 large egg
• Cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Weigh or lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour, cocoa, and salt in a medium bowl; stir with a whisk.
3. Place butter and chocolate in a medium microwave-safe bowl, and microwave at HIGH for 45 seconds, stirring every 15 seconds. Stir until smooth, and set aside. Cool slightly. Add 1 cup sugar, milk, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, egg yolks, and egg; stir with a whisk to combine. Add butter mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until combined. Pour batter into an 8-inch square metal baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out almost clean.
So go ahead and indulge yourself while still sticking to your resolution!