Heading away for a summer trip? Here are some things you might want to consider doing besides packing your suitcase!
- Don’t announce when you’re leaving on social media. Friends aren’t always the only ones watching. Keep your home safe while you’re away by leaving your vacation plans offline.
- Ask a trusted neighbor to pickup your mail or packages. You don’t want to announce to everyone that you’re away by having fliers or packages building up!
- Make sure you’re not coming home to a big electric bill by unplugging all of your non-essential appliances.
- Empty out the fridge and the trash cans. There’s nothing worse than coming home to expired food and a full trash barrel in your home.
- Pay your bills! You don’t want to be relaxing on the beach only to remember you never paid your cable bill before you left. Make sure to organize payments and visit the post office before you head out.
With July 4th right around the corner, we’re officially in “summer barbecue season!” Don’t break the bank by hosting an outdoor party with your friends this year. Follow these great, money-saving tips to have fun and stick to your budget.
- Don’t offer too many different meat options. Stick with two choices for your guests instead of spending the money of several different grilled choices.
- Make a punch or signature drink and put it in a punch bowl or large drink container. That way you aren’t buying ingredients to make all different types of summer cocktails.
- Make enough food but not TOO much food. Ask guests to RSVP so you know how much food to prepare without overspending.
- Don’t be afraid to ask guests to bring something. If someone offers to bring an appetizer or dessert let them!
- Use a beverage stand and fill it with ice water for your guests. This is a cheaper option than offering bottled water.
- Borrow items from your friends. Don’t purchase any extra coolers or chairs for the party when your friends can bring theirs along.