The SMARTEST move you’ll ever make!
Don’t sweat the small stuff!
We know how much work goes into planning a move, so we’re happy to alleviate some of that stress for you. Princeton Properties has partnered with Updater, a completely free, easy-to-use tool to streamline all of your moving-related tasks, such as:
- Updating accounts and records with your new address
- Forwarding mail with the USPS
- Setting up your utilities and digital services
- Securing your renters insurance policy
- Purchasing moving supplies
- And more…
With Updater, you’ll save an average of…
- 5+ hours
- 16 account updates
- 21 emails and phone calls
Updater provides a way to seamlessly
Transfer and connect utilities and home services
Forward your mail with the USPS
Notify businesses & accounts of your new address
Receive special, moving-related discounts
Moving To-Do List
- Reserve a moving vehicle, either professional or do-it-yourself. Make the Leasing office aware of your move-in date.
- Change your address with the post office, car registration, driver’s license address, car insurance, credit cards, magazines, etc.
- Register to vote in your new town.
- Look up your new Chamber of Commerce and get information about your new town.
- Look up Census facts about your new town.
- Get moving supplies: Boxes, furniture pads, dolly, packing tape, bubble wrap, labels, utility knife.
- Begin packing items you won’t need right away. Be sure to not “over pack” a box so that it’s too heavy to lift.
- Cancel services & utilities at your current location, and a start date at your new location: Electrical, cable, internet, phone.
- If needed, make special arrangements to move your pets and notify your veterinarian of your new address.
- Enjoy your new Princeton Apartment Home!