Spring is officially in full bloom and so are the annual flowers at your local garden center! If you like decorating your outdoor space with colorful annuals, here are some ways to keep them looking beautiful longer!
1. Deadhead your annuals by pinching off the old/expired flowers. If you don’t do this they will stop flowering.
2. Fertilize the plants when you plant them. There shouldn’t be any need to fertilize them again during the spring/summer season.
3. Water them regularly. Make sure your plants are getting plenty to drink but refrain from over-watering which can kill or take the color out of some annuals.
4. Pay attention to their sun exposure guidelines. If certain annuals say that shade is recommended, make sure you don’t have them planted anywhere that gets full sun.
5. Make sure they are spaced out. If you overcrowd your pots your flowers won’t have room to grow! When you purchase the flowers they should come with a tag that gives recommended spacing guidelines.