Tomorrow is the official start of summer! Get ready for longer, sunnier days ahead. If you haven’t created a summer bucket list yet, consider adding one (or all) of these great ideas.
1 – Learn something new. Keep your mind fresh this summer by learning a new skill! Always wanted to try a cooking class or learn to sew? Now is the time.
2 – Unplug from technology. Take a full day (or more if you’re able) away from your cell phone and social media. Have your family drop their cell phones in a basket and leave them there for 24 hours. Get outside, connect with each other and enjoy the company.
3 – Take an unplanned day trip. Get in the car with friends and drive. Stop along the way at any new shops, sites or restaurants you’ve never been to. It’s a great chance to find gems and places you may want to revisit again.
4 – Create a summer scrapbook. Start printing your iPhone photos and put them in a scrapbook you can look at years down the road.
5 – Read! If you haven’t found time lately in your schedule to dive into a good book, now is the time. Make it your goal to read at least one book before summer is over.
Heading away for a summer trip? Here are some things you might want to consider doing besides packing your suitcase!
- Don’t announce when you’re leaving on social media. Friends aren’t always the only ones watching. Keep your home safe while you’re away by leaving your vacation plans offline.
- Ask a trusted neighbor to pickup your mail or packages. You don’t want to announce to everyone that you’re away by having fliers or packages building up!
- Make sure you’re not coming home to a big electric bill by unplugging all of your non-essential appliances.
- Empty out the fridge and the trash cans. There’s nothing worse than coming home to expired food and a full trash barrel in your home.
- Pay your bills! You don’t want to be relaxing on the beach only to remember you never paid your cable bill before you left. Make sure to organize payments and visit the post office before you head out.