There’s a lot to love about Maine in the summer time. If you haven’t spent a weekend visiting Maine’s islands you should make plans before summer is over! Maine’s islands include Peaks Island, Little Diamond Island, Great Diamond Island, Long Island, Chebeague Island and Cliff Island. Getting to the islands is a quick and enjoyable ferry-ride away. Our residents at Foreside Estates and Princeton on Back Cove love jumping on Casco Bay Lines for a ride.
Whether you are visiting for a day, staying for vacation, or enjoying one of their scenic or music cruises – Casco Bay Lines is your fun and safe connection to the islands of Maine! The regularly-scheduled ferry operates 365 days a year. There are also lots of fun specialty cruises including a sunset and moonlight run. Learn more about the ferry and boat rides you can enjoy at Cascobaylines.com.
Happy Holidays! We’ve had our first snow of the season this year so we’ve all probably pulled out our shovels, gloves and boots! Whether you love spending time skiing in the winter or you only go outside to get to your car, you need to warm up. Here are some tips for drying out your clothes and warming up after spending time out in the snow…
- Have a designated spot in your home (maybe in a back hallway or by the front door) that you can keep a tray for wet shoes and boots. Let your footwear dry after coming inside and avoid tracking snowy footprints in the house.
- Use a drying rack to hang wet clothes in the bathroom or laundry room after you’ve taken them off.
- Speaking of wet clothes…don’t linger in them! Take them off as soon as possible to change into something warm and dry.
- Our feet and hands tend to be coldest after being outside. Step into some warm slippers and hold onto a warm cup of coffee or hot chocolate to warm up.
- You should always wear a hat outdoors in the winter, but if your hair got wet, use a hair dryer soon after changing clothes to keep cold, wet tresses off your neck.
QUESTION 1: What is your favorite outdoor, winter activity?
Head back over to our Facebook page here to give your answer in the comments on today’s post. Then you’ll be entered to win!