In a summer time dinner rut? When it’s hot outside the last thing we feel like doing is turning on the oven and cooking a large meal. Mix things up by trying one of these delicious and refreshing summer salads tonight!
It’s delicious and it’s easy! Watch the video below to learn how to make this pineapple pick-me-up smoothie with only two ingredients!
Whether you decided to eat healthier or keep your home clean and organized, keeping a resolution can be challenging. Before you start getting frustrated or thinking about throwing in the towel, check out these helpful tips!
1- Make your goal very specific. Instead of saying “I’m going to be healthy in 2018” make your goal more specific by saying “I’m going to exercise three times per week in 2018.”
2- If you need someone keeping tabs on you to keep you honest, make your goals and resolutions public. Share your goals on your social media account or with a friend and share your progress.
3- Reward charts aren’t just for kids. Make a chart that you can check off to keep organized. List all of your household cleaning chores and check them off as you complete them. Reward yourself with something special when you’ve completed everything.
4- Make your goals progressive. Instead of making one big goal to reach by the end of the year, make smaller goals that you’ll hit each quarter to build up to the bigger goal.
5- Don’t be too hard on yourself. If you slip back into old habits it’s okay. Don’t give up – you can always jump right back into a new lifestyle without ruining your plans for the year.
When warm weather finally arrives we are all eager to spend more time outside. Unfortunately the boost in temps also brings everyone’s least favorite pests…..mosquitoes! This year, try keeping them away by planting these in your pots, planters and gardens.
We’re smack dab in the middle of summer in New England and with the recent heat wave we’ve had it’s time to start thinking about our pets! We all remember to keep ourselves cool and hydrated but it’s important to think about our furry friends this time of year! Here are some things you can do to make sure your four-legged friends are safe this summer. Continue reading “5 Ways to Keep Pets Safe this Summer”
We love decorating with mason jars! Keep the bugs away with this easy mason jar DIY!
We are officially in the middle of the dog days of summer! With today being the hottest day of the year so far in our area we thought this was a great DIY for keeping pets cool!
Watch the video below to learn how to keep the pesky mosquitoes away from you and your family while sitting outside this summer!
We’ve had some warm “spring-like” days in New England recently and it has us all hopeful that spring is around the corner! One of our favorite things about this season is opening the windows and doors in our homes for the first time since autumn. Besides the pure excitement of a new season, there are actually some real benefits of opening those windows when the weather is nice. Keep reading to find out.
1. Bringing in fresh air. It’s good for us, our children and our pets too!
2. Allowing sunlight in. For some of us opening the windows is also an opportunity to open the curtains and blinds as well. Sunlight is a great mood-booster and source of vitamin D.
3. Great way to circulate air. There’s no need for fans or air conditioners when you have fresh air blowing through your house.
4. Saving energy. If you’re no longer turning on you’re A/C and fans as previously mentioned then you are using less electricity and energy.
5. Letting pollutants in the air escape. If you’ve just painted or cleaned your kitchen floors, it’s a great time to open those windows to let any potentially toxic fumes escape.
It doesn’t take long for soap scum, leftover food and other debris to build up on the inside of your dishwasher. Chances are it doesn’t get cleaned as often as it should. Next time you’re cleaning your apartment or house make sure to add the dishwasher to your “to do” list and follow these tips.
1. Mark it on your calendar to clean your dishwasher once a month.
2. Check the drain first to make sure there is no food caught which would hurt your dishwasher’s cleaning efficiency.
3. Put white vinegar in a dishwasher safe cup and put it on the top rack. Run the dishwasher with a hot water cycle with the vinegar cup inside.
4. When the cycle is done, sprinkle baking soda on the bottom of the dishwasher and run another quick hot water cycle. This will remove any discoloration.
5. Check the edges of the dishwasher where the door closes. Use a sponge to clean up any additional gunk or grime that remains.