The unofficial start to summer has officially passed and now it’s time to celebrate! Grab your friends and family and have fun this weekend with these great and festive ideas!
1 – Create a scavenger hunt for the kids. Make a list of items they can find outdoors and help them check off their lists.
2 – Need some ideas for fun summer decor? Use a baby pool or blow up a pool float and add ice for a festive drink cooler.
3 – Set the mood with music. Create a playlist of all songs about summer to play in the background at the party.
4 – Setup a volleyball or badminton net and get everyone up and moving by playing a game.
5 – Create a sun and bug-free station by offering your guests sunscreen and bug spray so they can enjoy the outdoors.
6 – Put together a play area for the kids complete with sidewalk chalk, bubbles, water guns and other toys to keep them entertained.
7 – You can’t kickoff summer without the classic BBQ foods. Make a menu complete with all of the best grill foods and summer salads to serve your guests.
We’re in the dog days of summer and that means we’re smack dab in the middle of beach season. Planning a trip this weekend? Try these tips for packing the best foods to enjoy while you’re sitting in the sand.
- Bring low maintenance fruits. Don’t bring anything that needs to be peeled as it leaves a mess and might leave you with sticky hands.
- If you’re packing a sandwich, think about making it a wrap. Wraps are easier to eat with one hand and can easily be kept in foil to avoid a mess.
- Bring a separate bag for your trash to avoid having wrappers blow away on the beach.
- Use ice packs instead of ice in your cooler to avoid a soggy mess at lunch time.
- Bring plenty of wet wipes for your hands to avoid getting sand on your finger foods.
- Prefer not to eat with your hands? Pack something in a plastic container that you can eat with a fork (think salads or burrito bowls – yum!)
- Make sure to have plenty of water to stay hydrated while you soak up the sun!
It’s probably everyone’s least favorite room in the house to clean, but it also needs it the most! Stop stressing about having a tidy bathroom by following these tips. They don’t take much time and your bathroom will never have a chance to get filthy!
- Choose one day a week to give the bathroom a deep clean. Put on your gloves and pull out the cleaning solvents to make your shower, tub and toilet sparkle.
- Once a week when you’re doing laundry, pull all of your bathroom linens (i.e. hand towels, rugs) and get them clean.
- Every morning take a couple minutes to wipe down the sink and faucet. Add it to your morning routine after you’ve brushed your teeth and it will keep your sink free from soap scum and toothpaste!
- Bathroom trash can be forgotten, especially if it’s hidden under a vanity. Don’t let yours overflow. Use a plastic grocery bag to line your trash can and pull the whole bag out and add it to your kitchen trash before you bring it outside.
- Sometimes we tend to forget about the floors in the bathroom too. Once a week (maybe when you’re doing laundry), pull out your swiffer or mop and wash your bathroom floors. That way you can lay bathroom rugs back onto a clean floor after they’ve been washed.