We’re in the middle of winter and who doesn’t like feeling cozy inside when it’s cold and wet outside? You don’t need an interior designer to make your apartment have a cozier feel. Try following these 5 simple steps before you curl up at home to relax.
- Have lots of soft throw blankets in your living room. Store them in baskets or on a blanket ladder for a decorative touch.
- Use soft lighting. Instead of turning on overhead lights, turn on a table lamp or use flameless LED candles to give your home a soft glow.
- Switch to slippers right when you get home. Leave your slippers by the front door so you can slip right into them and take off your snow boots without tracking in any snow.
- Decorate with warm colors. Earth tones have a cozier feel than bright, bold colors.
- Designate a spot in your home that is comfortable to curl up. Whether it’s a comfortable chair or spot on the couch, make sure you have a soft place to unwind after a long day.
Stay warm inside this winter and let your kids play with make pretend snow! A fun DIY for the kids and only two ingredients needed. Watch the video below to learn more!
Make your table festive and beautiful with this easy #princetonsDIYproject!
There is already talk of snow in the forecast in New England so it’s (finally) time to start pulling out the winter jackets, hats and boots! In order to keep things organized and to make sure your gear doesn’t take up too much space, follow these tips:
- Start by washing your winter coats, gloves and hats and scarves after you pull them out of storage.
- Make sure you have matched all of your gloves and mittens and fold or tie them together to keep them from separating.
- Shop for a shoe tray if you don’t already have one. Clean a spot by your front door to place it so you can take off your wet, snowy boots without making a mess.
- Have baskets laying around the house? Use one for your gloves, one for hats and one for scarves to keep things organized. Put the baskets on a shelf in your coat closet.
- Pull your lightweight jackets out of the closet to make room and put them in storage. Hang your winter coats underneath your baskets for your cold weather accessories.
Frequent corporate travel can be exhausting. With the right travel strategies you can feel less stressed and more “at home” during your next business trip! Keep reading to learn our tips to try the next time you are living on the road for work.
1 – Keep your travel itineraries, important documents, work schedules and laptop in your carry on (if you are traveling by plane.) You will be able to locate everything easily and prepare for meetings while on your flight.
2 – Don’t over-pack. Check with your hotel or corporate furnished apartment to see what is already available for you. At Princeton Properties, the corporate furnished apartments are ready for immediate-occupancy including such essentials as High-speed Internet, housekeeping and even a corkscrew.
3 – Unpack your clothes as soon as you arrive. Don’t let your suits or dresses stay folded and wrinkled in your suitcase. Once you are settled in, find a home for your luggage in a closet that is out of the way.
4 – Connect to the wifi and setup a work station. You’ll feel settled and more productive if you have all of your work materials setup and easily accessible.
5 – Check your schedule and make sure your alarm is set in time for your first day of work. If you don’t use the alarm on your cell phone, test out the alarm clock in your room. You’ll want to make sure it’s setup and ready to wake you up
It felt like summer was planning to stick around forever this year (we’re not complaining) but the cooler temps are finally here! If you’re like us and still haven’t packed away your summer clothes now is the time. Follow these 6 steps to keep things as organized as possible.
- Wash and dry all of your clothes before packing them away so you can launder any stains.
- If you don’t have any, purchase some storage containers. Plastic bins or air tight bags are both great options for storing clothes.
- Choose your storage location. Whether it’s in your closet, your basement or under your bed, make sure the spot is cleaned and ready for your containers.
- Rolling your clothes will allow for more space in your containers and less wrinkles. Roll tightly and organize clothes by separating tops from bottoms.
- Top your clothes with some clean dryer sheets before sealing up the containers. Your clothes will smell fresh when you open them up next spring.
- Lastly, label your containers “summer clothes” so you can easily locate them when the weather turns warm again!
Watch the short video below to learn how to make your own cinnamon-scented pine cones for your fall decor!
Comfort and convenience makes our residents happy to call us home. Welcome to Forest Ridge Apartments in Nashua, NH!
Nestled into a tree lined ridge, Forest Ridge Apartments is ideally-located near award-winning schools, local museums and shopping. So much to do and see in Nashua, spend a sunny day at one of the many local parks or join in on one of the many sponsored activities right on-site to meet your new neighbors. Enjoy the ease of on-site maintenance and management and spend your weekends at our well-appointed playground or tennis courts. There’s always something to do at Forest Ridge!
There are one and two bedroom apartment floor plans available as well as two and three bedroom townhouses. To view photos and floor plans and learn more about our community visit our website at movetoforestridge.com
It’s about that time; time for college students to head back to school for a brand new year. Packing everything up for a new semester of school is no easy task since there’s so much to pack. When making your checklist, don’t forget to add these ten items you may not have thought to put in your suitcase!
- Batteries (in all standard sizes)
- A fan – dorm rooms can get hot!
- A shower caddy for all your toiletries
- Your health insurance card (keep it in your wallet)
- First aid kit
- Flip flops or shower shoes
- Spare sheets & a blanket
- Extra ink for your printer
- Laundry detergent
- A laundry basket
- An umbrella
- A bathrobe
- Extension cord
- A power strip for your desk area
Country living with the convenience of city life….that is Forest Acres in Haverhill, MA!
Picture rolling hills and a natural wooded setting giving you the peace and comfort you need at home. With easy access to shopping, schools, restaurants and the commuter rail, Forest Acres is the perfect location for busy families or business professionals. Our unique apartment community is located directly off Route 125 in the Bradford area of Haverhill, Massachusetts.
There’s a lot to love about living here. Enjoy relaxing poolside on a hot summer day or stroll over to the community playground. If getting a bit of exercise is on your mind then head over to our onsite basketball court and tennis court after work! With one, two and three bedroom apartment options, there’s something for everyone at Forest Acres.
Visit our website here to learn more about amenities, view floor plans and setup a tour!