If you’re someone who is really organized you probably already know how often you should wash your sheets and pillows. But do you know when you should wash your shower curtain and bath towels? Keep reading to find a schedule that will keep your home in tip top shape.
- Bed Sheets – Wash every week
- Bathroom Rugs – Wash every 3-4 weeks
- Curtains – Wash and steam every 3 months
- Bed Pillows – Wash every month
- Bath Towels – Wash every other day
- Shower Curtain – Wash once a month
- Comforter – Wash every 3 months
Whether you decided to eat healthier or keep your home clean and organized, keeping a resolution can be challenging. Before you start getting frustrated or thinking about throwing in the towel, check out these helpful tips!
1- Make your goal very specific. Instead of saying “I’m going to be healthy in 2018” make your goal more specific by saying “I’m going to exercise three times per week in 2018.”
2- If you need someone keeping tabs on you to keep you honest, make your goals and resolutions public. Share your goals on your social media account or with a friend and share your progress.
3- Reward charts aren’t just for kids. Make a chart that you can check off to keep organized. List all of your household cleaning chores and check them off as you complete them. Reward yourself with something special when you’ve completed everything.
4- Make your goals progressive. Instead of making one big goal to reach by the end of the year, make smaller goals that you’ll hit each quarter to build up to the bigger goal.
5- Don’t be too hard on yourself. If you slip back into old habits it’s okay. Don’t give up – you can always jump right back into a new lifestyle without ruining your plans for the year.
Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and if you’re hosting you are probably busy with preparations! Your turkey is thawing, your vegetables are chopped, the house is clean….now it’s time to set the table! Read these tips before you start putting out your napkins and flatware…
- Iron your tablecloths and napkins the day before.
- Wash and set aside all of your flatware and glassware the night before. Make sure to dry everything so there aren’t any spots or watermarks.
- Consider using place cards. It makes things easier and it makes your dinner table much more personalized. Your guests will be happy that you’ve chosen a special place for them at your meal.
- Add some seasonal touches by putting centerpieces on your tables. Consider flowers, candles, pumpkins or faux leaves to give your table a festive look.
- Keep in mind that bread plates go on the left and drinks go on the right of each place setting.
- Wow your guests with a festive napkin fold! Try one of these ideas
- Make sure to have the guests water glasses filled before they sit down. Have a full water pitcher on hand in the fridge so you can easily refill.
There is already talk of snow in the forecast in New England so it’s (finally) time to start pulling out the winter jackets, hats and boots! In order to keep things organized and to make sure your gear doesn’t take up too much space, follow these tips:
- Start by washing your winter coats, gloves and hats and scarves after you pull them out of storage.
- Make sure you have matched all of your gloves and mittens and fold or tie them together to keep them from separating.
- Shop for a shoe tray if you don’t already have one. Clean a spot by your front door to place it so you can take off your wet, snowy boots without making a mess.
- Have baskets laying around the house? Use one for your gloves, one for hats and one for scarves to keep things organized. Put the baskets on a shelf in your coat closet.
- Pull your lightweight jackets out of the closet to make room and put them in storage. Hang your winter coats underneath your baskets for your cold weather accessories.
It felt like summer was planning to stick around forever this year (we’re not complaining) but the cooler temps are finally here! If you’re like us and still haven’t packed away your summer clothes now is the time. Follow these 6 steps to keep things as organized as possible.
- Wash and dry all of your clothes before packing them away so you can launder any stains.
- If you don’t have any, purchase some storage containers. Plastic bins or air tight bags are both great options for storing clothes.
- Choose your storage location. Whether it’s in your closet, your basement or under your bed, make sure the spot is cleaned and ready for your containers.
- Rolling your clothes will allow for more space in your containers and less wrinkles. Roll tightly and organize clothes by separating tops from bottoms.
- Top your clothes with some clean dryer sheets before sealing up the containers. Your clothes will smell fresh when you open them up next spring.
- Lastly, label your containers “summer clothes” so you can easily locate them when the weather turns warm again!
Princeton is growing and we’re headed to Littleton, MA!
Only 45 minutes away from downtown Boston, sits Village Green Littleton; the perfect suburban getaway! Work outside the city? We are a short commute away from neighboring high-tech parks in Acton, Westford, Concord and Littleton.
Escape the stress of work each day and head home to your luxury apartment where you’ll feel both comfortable and relaxed. Each unit has its own washer and dryer, stainless steel appliances, granite counter tops and walk-in closets among many other fantastic amenities.
No need to head to the beach, you can swim in our heated, saltwater pool or spend time with neighbors on the outdoor patio at the community clubhouse. If fitness is your thing, you can workout right on site at our 24 hour fitness center.
And as a resident, you’ll always have access to 24-hour emergency maintenance and professional on-site management. Let our friendly and experienced staff take care of your needs. Come visit our Littleton luxury apartments today! Visit our website to find additional photos, view floor plans and learn about amenities.
Mother’s Day is right around the corner. This DIY Lemon Honey Sugar Scrub is the perfect gift (and it’s so great you’ll want to make a little extra to keep for yourself!) Watch the video below to learn how to make it.
We are officially in the middle of the dog days of summer! With today being the hottest day of the year so far in our area we thought this was a great DIY for keeping pets cool!
Want to make an easy dessert tonight that only uses 3 ingredients and cooks in 1 minute? Watch the video below to learn more!
Hosting a brunch this Easter? Check out this simple and delicious recipe for an Easter Brunch Punch!