Whether you are together with family or celebrating via Zoom, there are fun ways you can celebrate turkey day this year! Try one of these fun games with your family and maybe you’ll create a new tradition for years to come.
1 – A Thanksgiving Scavenger Hunt – Get the family searching both inside and outside for a list of items and have a whole lot of fun while you search!
2 – Color the table! Ditch the standard table cloth and opt for one you can color. Buy one at your local party store or create your own with craft paper and a sharpie.
3 – Act it out! You don’t have to be face to face with your family to play Thanksgiving charades. Try these free printable cards from readwritemom.com!
The holidays are a time of traditions! Around the world people celebrate in lots of unique ways. Here are some interesting traditions from different cultures around the world…
- In Germany, Christmas Eve is the main day where gifts are exchanged with families.
- In Australia, the holidays fall within the summer months so children can spend their holiday break at the beach or camping.
- The main/most important decoration in Mexico is the nacimiento.
- In Russia, some people fast on Christmas Eve, until the first star has appeared in the sky. Then many eat a porridge made from wheat or rice.
- For Italians, on Christmas Eve it’s common that no meat or dairy is eaten. Often a light seafood meal is served.
- In Switzerland, some people use real candles on the tree, which are traditionally lit on Christmas Eve and on New Year’s Eve for good luck.
- In India, some people use mango leaves to decorate their homes.
What is your favorite holiday tradition?
*Make sure to head back to our Facebook page and post your answer to today’s question in the comments to be entered to win!