The holidays are a time of traditions! Around the world people celebrate in lots of unique ways. Here are some interesting traditions from different cultures around the world…
- In Germany, Christmas Eve is the main day where gifts are exchanged with families.
- In Australia, the holidays fall within the summer months so children can spend their holiday break at the beach or camping.
- The main/most important decoration in Mexico is the nacimiento.
- In Russia, some people fast on Christmas Eve, until the first star has appeared in the sky. Then many eat a porridge made from wheat or rice.
- For Italians, on Christmas Eve it’s common that no meat or dairy is eaten. Often a light seafood meal is served.
- In Switzerland, some people use real candles on the tree, which are traditionally lit on Christmas Eve and on New Year’s Eve for good luck.
- In India, some people use mango leaves to decorate their homes.
What is your favorite holiday tradition?
*Make sure to head back to our Facebook page and post your answer to today’s question in the comments to be entered to win!