In a summer time dinner rut? When it’s hot outside the last thing we feel like doing is turning on the oven and cooking a large meal. Mix things up by trying one of these delicious and refreshing summer salads tonight!
When we think of spring cleaning we usually think of packing away clothes and washing the floors. Don’t forget to clean what’s behind your pantry door too! Get yours in tip top shape for the season with these great tips
1 – Start from scratch. Pull all of the items in the pantry out and put them on your counter so you can vacuum the floor and clean the shelves.
2 – Take inventory. See how many items you have, what can be donated, what is expired and decide which items are going to stay.
3 – Reorganize your shelves. Decide what is going where and stick to it. Put the kids snacks on the bottom shelf and the canned goods above. When you’re looking for what you need you’ll know exactly which shelf to go to.
4 – Consider using some baskets or plaster containers to help with your organization. If you buy snacks in bulk you can save space by emptying and recycling the large boxes and keep your snacks in a basket instead.
5 – Stick to it! Don’t let your hard work get ruined the next time you go grocery shopping. Keep your pantry in tip top shape by following these steps every couple of months.
It’s delicious and it’s easy! Watch the video below to learn how to make this pineapple pick-me-up smoothie with only two ingredients!
Eat peeps in a whole new way! This easy Easter dip is fun to make and delicious to eat!
Help your little ones catch a leprechaun this St. Patrick’s Day with this delicious Leprechaun Bait!
Hosting a dinner party this weekend? Before you pull out the plates and flatware, keep reading to find our tips for setting the perfect dinner table for guests…
- Use a table covering of some sort (one that fits the theme of the night.) A tablecloth or table runner adds a beautiful touch to a standard dining table. Don’t have a table runner? A roll of brown craft paper can give a fun DIY touch to your table.
- Fill a glass water pitcher with cold water earlier in the day and pull it out to place on the table at dinner time. That way guests can refill their glass as needed.
- Try a fun napkin fold for the event! Watch this video here for some folding inspiration.
- Add the decor. Head to the local supermarket and get some fresh flowers to add to the table. Use small LED candles on the table as well to give your dinner a warm ambiance.
- Don’t forget about dessert! Save room on the table (and time) by plating your desserts ahead of time and keeping them in the kitchen. You can serve with coffee right after the meal.
Looking for something fun and festive to make with the kids today? They’ll love the taste and the fizz of this Valentine’s Day Love Potion Punch! Learn how to make it from the video below!
It’s almost Super Bowl Sunday! If you’re hosting a party this weekend serve your drinks in these fun, festive mugs!
Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and if you’re hosting you are probably busy with preparations! Your turkey is thawing, your vegetables are chopped, the house is clean….now it’s time to set the table! Read these tips before you start putting out your napkins and flatware…
- Iron your tablecloths and napkins the day before.
- Wash and set aside all of your flatware and glassware the night before. Make sure to dry everything so there aren’t any spots or watermarks.
- Consider using place cards. It makes things easier and it makes your dinner table much more personalized. Your guests will be happy that you’ve chosen a special place for them at your meal.
- Add some seasonal touches by putting centerpieces on your tables. Consider flowers, candles, pumpkins or faux leaves to give your table a festive look.
- Keep in mind that bread plates go on the left and drinks go on the right of each place setting.
- Wow your guests with a festive napkin fold! Try one of these ideas
- Make sure to have the guests water glasses filled before they sit down. Have a full water pitcher on hand in the fridge so you can easily refill.
Want to send your Thanksgiving guests home with a fun, festive treat? Watch the video below to learn how to make your own waffle cone cornucopias with only 2 ingredients!