Living at Princeton Westford Apartment Homes just got a bit more electrifying! We are proud to announce the addition of two electric vehicle charging stations. These stations are available to you for a free charge! We appreciate the green movement and we’re trying to do our part with the addition of electric car charging stations!
The Series 6 EV charging stations are sleek, futuristic and have a compact design. Thankfully since we are in New England they are also rugged, weatherproof, and made to withstand the harshest elements for years of worry-free operation. Come check them out, located in front of the Princeton Westford Management Office.
Any of our residents driving an electric vehicle (EV) can pull right up and start charging at our SemaConnect EV charging station – you are not required to join SemaConnect in advance!
We’re so happy to see our residents enjoying this new amenity at Princeton Westford. Interested in learning more about what we have to offer? View floor plans, see additional photos and schedule a tour here!
Summer brings longer days and evenings outdoors. There’s nothing that can ruin a summer cookout more than the itching and scratching of mosquito bites! If you’re planning to spend time outside after dusk, try putting these plants in your garden to keep the bugs away…
1 – Lavender – Not only does it look beautiful, it smells great too! Another thing that lavender does is hinder a mosquito’s ability to smell. The leaves of this plant have natural oils that will keep your garden smelling fresh and the pesky bugs away.
2 – Marigolds – These annuals add beautiful color to your garden and they also deter mosquitoes, aphids, white flies, and squash bugs.
3 – Citronella Grass – Most people have heard of citronella candles but did you know that you can plant citronella grass directly in your garden? This plant is known as the most effective at repelling pests and is low maintenance. A must-have for your outdoor space!
4 – Rosemary – Rosemary is an herb that many of us are very familiar with, especially with cooking. Rosemary’s woody scent is what keeps mosquitoes as well as some moths and flies away.
5 – Basil – Another herb we use in our cooking, basil is also great at keeping mosquitoes and other bugs away. The pungent smell of any type of basil is powerful to keep mosquitoes from entering your space. Try planting some in pots on your patio and you can also use some for preparing dinner!
There is already talk of snow in the forecast in New England so it’s (finally) time to start pulling out the winter jackets, hats and boots! In order to keep things organized and to make sure your gear doesn’t take up too much space, follow these tips:
- Start by washing your winter coats, gloves and hats and scarves after you pull them out of storage.
- Make sure you have matched all of your gloves and mittens and fold or tie them together to keep them from separating.
- Shop for a shoe tray if you don’t already have one. Clean a spot by your front door to place it so you can take off your wet, snowy boots without making a mess.
- Have baskets laying around the house? Use one for your gloves, one for hats and one for scarves to keep things organized. Put the baskets on a shelf in your coat closet.
- Pull your lightweight jackets out of the closet to make room and put them in storage. Hang your winter coats underneath your baskets for your cold weather accessories.
Don’t let mosquitoes ruin your backyard barbecues this summer! Use this simple DIY project to keep them away!
When warm weather finally arrives we are all eager to spend more time outside. Unfortunately the boost in temps also brings everyone’s least favorite pests…..mosquitoes! This year, try keeping them away by planting these in your pots, planters and gardens.
Get ready for spring cleaning with this easy and all natural cleaner you can make yourself!
We’re smack dab in the middle of summer in New England and with the recent heat wave we’ve had it’s time to start thinking about our pets! We all remember to keep ourselves cool and hydrated but it’s important to think about our furry friends this time of year! Here are some things you can do to make sure your four-legged friends are safe this summer. Continue reading “5 Ways to Keep Pets Safe this Summer”
We are officially in the middle of the dog days of summer! With today being the hottest day of the year so far in our area we thought this was a great DIY for keeping pets cool!
We’re getting closer to the official start of summer and it’s time to start thinking about summer cleaning! Get ahead of the game by printing out this list so you can clean and organize everything in your home soon and spend more time in the sun!
- Switch out clothing to your summer clothing
- Wash and change your bedding to lighter blankets and comforters
- Change your furnace filter
- If you have window A/C units, change those filters as well
- Organize and clean out your pantry
- Wash all outdoor furniture
- Rotate or flip your mattress
- Locate and clean all summer/beach toys and gear
- Wash your bed pillows
- Wash & sweep your patio or porch
Watch the video below to learn how to keep the pesky mosquitoes away from you and your family while sitting outside this summer!