Sunny, summer days are here and before we know it the crisp, fall weather will be sneaking in. There are still plenty of summer weekends left to take some day trips in Massachusetts. Check out these awesome places you can cross off your bucket list!
1 – Explore the wide-open shoreline of Crane Beach in Ipswich, MA. There are plenty of great seafood restaurants to stop at on your drive home to get a real taste of New England.
2 – Explore a submarine, battleship, and destroyer at Battleship Cove in Fall River, MA.
3 – Visit a living history museum depicting how life was in New England from 1790 to 1840 at Old Sturbridge Village (advanced registration required at this time.)
4 – Jump on a ferry and sit back to enjoy the ride to Martha’s Vineyard! You can access the ferry in Massachusetts from New Bedford, Hyannis and Falmouth!
5 – Take a beautiful hike at World’s End State Park in Hingham, MA – a beautiful area with wooded, natural beauty.
We’re in the dog days of summer and that means we’re smack dab in the middle of beach season. Planning a trip this weekend? Try these tips for packing the best foods to enjoy while you’re sitting in the sand.
- Bring low maintenance fruits. Don’t bring anything that needs to be peeled as it leaves a mess and might leave you with sticky hands.
- If you’re packing a sandwich, think about making it a wrap. Wraps are easier to eat with one hand and can easily be kept in foil to avoid a mess.
- Bring a separate bag for your trash to avoid having wrappers blow away on the beach.
- Use ice packs instead of ice in your cooler to avoid a soggy mess at lunch time.
- Bring plenty of wet wipes for your hands to avoid getting sand on your finger foods.
- Prefer not to eat with your hands? Pack something in a plastic container that you can eat with a fork (think salads or burrito bowls – yum!)
- Make sure to have plenty of water to stay hydrated while you soak up the sun!