There is already talk of snow in the forecast in New England so it’s (finally) time to start pulling out the winter jackets, hats and boots! In order to keep things organized and to make sure your gear doesn’t take up too much space, follow these tips:
- Start by washing your winter coats, gloves and hats and scarves after you pull them out of storage.
- Make sure you have matched all of your gloves and mittens and fold or tie them together to keep them from separating.
- Shop for a shoe tray if you don’t already have one. Clean a spot by your front door to place it so you can take off your wet, snowy boots without making a mess.
- Have baskets laying around the house? Use one for your gloves, one for hats and one for scarves to keep things organized. Put the baskets on a shelf in your coat closet.
- Pull your lightweight jackets out of the closet to make room and put them in storage. Hang your winter coats underneath your baskets for your cold weather accessories.