With July 4th right around the corner, we’re officially in “summer barbecue season!” Don’t break the bank by hosting an outdoor party with your friends this year. Follow these great, money-saving tips to have fun and stick to your budget.
- Don’t offer too many different meat options. Stick with two choices for your guests instead of spending the money of several different grilled choices.
- Make a punch or signature drink and put it in a punch bowl or large drink container. That way you aren’t buying ingredients to make all different types of summer cocktails.
- Make enough food but not TOO much food. Ask guests to RSVP so you know how much food to prepare without overspending.
- Don’t be afraid to ask guests to bring something. If someone offers to bring an appetizer or dessert let them!
- Use a beverage stand and fill it with ice water for your guests. This is a cheaper option than offering bottled water.
- Borrow items from your friends. Don’t purchase any extra coolers or chairs for the party when your friends can bring theirs along.