To Our Residents, current and future, we’re here to help
Princeton Properties continues to monitor the situation surrounding Coronavirus/Covid-19. We will post updates here as we have them. Our leadership team is in steady contact with all of our on-site management teams in an effort to keep as up to date on the needs of our residents and employees.
Yes, we’re open:
Our leasing offices remains staffed during regular business hours. In an effort to minimize exposure to both staff and residents, please utilizing ResidentPortal, phone, or email to contact your local management office. We’re offering tours via Facetime and Google Duo for future residents – so if you’re interested in touring any of our available apartment homes, please reach out to our leasing teams and we will set up a virtual tour.
Reminder, per the CDC:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for a minimum of 20 seconds. If soap and water are unavailable, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid physical contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue away.
- Have some extra (not excessive) food and supplies on hand.
- Frequently clean and disinfect touched objects and surfaces.
- Wash your hands or use alcohol-based hand sanitizer before and after touching building entry doors, common area doors, buzzers and keypads.
- If possible (and applicable) take the stairs instead of an elevator. When using an elevator, disinfect hands before and after pressing the call buttons.
- When using the fitness and laundry centers, wash hands before and after each use and try to avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
The health of our residents and our communities is our first priority. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact your specific property management team!