We’re in the middle of winter and who doesn’t like feeling cozy inside when it’s cold and wet outside? You don’t need an interior designer to make your apartment have a cozier feel. Try following these 5 simple steps before you curl up at home to relax.
- Have lots of soft throw blankets in your living room. Store them in baskets or on a blanket ladder for a decorative touch.
- Use soft lighting. Instead of turning on overhead lights, turn on a table lamp or use flameless LED candles to give your home a soft glow.
- Switch to slippers right when you get home. Leave your slippers by the front door so you can slip right into them and take off your snow boots without tracking in any snow.
- Decorate with warm colors. Earth tones have a cozier feel than bright, bold colors.
- Designate a spot in your home that is comfortable to curl up. Whether it’s a comfortable chair or spot on the couch, make sure you have a soft place to unwind after a long day.