We’re smack dab in the middle of summer in New England and with the recent heat wave we’ve had it’s time to start thinking about our pets! We all remember to keep ourselves cool and hydrated but it’s important to think about our furry friends this time of year! Here are some things you can do to make sure your four-legged friends are safe this summer. Continue reading “5 Ways to Keep Pets Safe this Summer”
We love decorating with mason jars! Keep the bugs away with this easy mason jar DIY!
It’s fun, it’s easy and the kids will love it! Watch the video below to learn how to make ice cream in a bag in just 10 minutes!
We are officially in the middle of the dog days of summer! With today being the hottest day of the year so far in our area we thought this was a great DIY for keeping pets cool!
The perfect red, white and blue appetizer to bring to your 4th of July barbecue!
It’s the season of barbecues and outdoor parties! If you want to host an event of your own but don’t want the stress of party planning, try some of these low-key summer party ideas. They’re quick to prepare so you can spend more time hanging out with your guests rather than playing host or hostess.
1. An Outdoor Movie Night – Hook up a projector to your laptop or computer and play a summer movie on a screen or empty wall.
2. A Finger Foods Dinner Party – When the weather is hot, no one wants to be slaving over a hot oven. Host your friends for an appetizer-only event and everyone can bring their favorite starter dish.
3. Lemonade Stand – Invite a small group over to relax, sit in the shade and sip different flavors of lemonade. You can create an easy Lemonade bar or stand by offering different flavors with fruit garnishes.
4.Summer Brunch – Have your guests over before noon on the weekend. You can serve bagels and bloody marys and even allow your guests to wear their comfortable/lounge clothes!
5. Lawn Games – Guests can stop by to visit and stay entertained with a variety of lawn games. To step up the fun, create brackets for the games and offer prizes to the overall winners.
Father’s Day is this Sunday! Make Dad feel special by making him a DIY gift with his favorite candy!
We’re getting closer to the official start of summer and it’s time to start thinking about summer cleaning! Get ahead of the game by printing out this list so you can clean and organize everything in your home soon and spend more time in the sun!
- Switch out clothing to your summer clothing
- Wash and change your bedding to lighter blankets and comforters
- Change your furnace filter
- If you have window A/C units, change those filters as well
- Organize and clean out your pantry
- Wash all outdoor furniture
- Rotate or flip your mattress
- Locate and clean all summer/beach toys and gear
- Wash your bed pillows
- Wash & sweep your patio or porch
Watch the video below to learn a recipe for the grill that just SCREAMS summer!
Watch the video below to learn how to keep the pesky mosquitoes away from you and your family while sitting outside this summer!