With July 4th right around the corner, we’re officially in “summer barbecue season!” Don’t break the bank by hosting an outdoor party with your friends this year. Follow these great, money-saving tips to have fun and stick to your budget.
- Don’t offer too many different meat options. Stick with two choices for your guests instead of spending the money of several different grilled choices.
- Make a punch or signature drink and put it in a punch bowl or large drink container. That way you aren’t buying ingredients to make all different types of summer cocktails.
- Make enough food but not TOO much food. Ask guests to RSVP so you know how much food to prepare without overspending.
- Don’t be afraid to ask guests to bring something. If someone offers to bring an appetizer or dessert let them!
- Use a beverage stand and fill it with ice water for your guests. This is a cheaper option than offering bottled water.
- Borrow items from your friends. Don’t purchase any extra coolers or chairs for the party when your friends can bring theirs along.
With today being the official start to summer, we are dreaming about days at the pool! Quench your thirst while sitting poolside this year with this fun and easy DIY drink!
Having a BBQ this weekend? These campfire cones are the perfect dessert to end any summer cookout! Watch the video below to learn how to make these delicious treats…
When warm weather finally arrives we are all eager to spend more time outside. Unfortunately the boost in temps also brings everyone’s least favorite pests…..mosquitoes! This year, try keeping them away by planting these in your pots, planters and gardens.
We’re getting closer to the official start of summer and it’s time to start thinking about summer cleaning! Get ahead of the game by printing out this list so you can clean and organize everything in your home soon and spend more time in the sun!
- Switch out clothing to your summer clothing
- Wash and change your bedding to lighter blankets and comforters
- Change your furnace filter
- If you have window A/C units, change those filters as well
- Organize and clean out your pantry
- Wash all outdoor furniture
- Rotate or flip your mattress
- Locate and clean all summer/beach toys and gear
- Wash your bed pillows
- Wash & sweep your patio or porch