5 Things To Do in Falmouth and Portland this Spring!

Spring is here and so is the warmer weather! There are lot’s of fun things to do and delicious places to eat in the Falmouth and Portland Maine areas. Here are 5 things our Maine residents love doing this time of year…

1 – Peaks Island

2 – Allagash Brewery

3 – Portland Museum of Art 

4 – Coastal Highway U.S. 1

5 – Commercial Street Portland

If you’re in Maine this spring make sure to visit us too! Click to find all of our rental options in Maine!

Living at Princeton Westford Apartment Homes is Electrifying!

Living at Princeton Westford Apartment Homes just got a bit more electrifying!  We are proud to announce the addition of two electric vehicle charging stations.  These stations are available to you for a free charge!  We appreciate the green movement and we’re trying to do our part with the addition of electric car charging stations!

The Series 6 EV charging stations are sleek, futuristic and have a compact design. Thankfully since we are in New England they are also rugged, weatherproof, and made to withstand the harshest elements for years of worry-free operation.  Come check them out, located in front of the Princeton Westford Management Office.

Any of our residents driving an electric vehicle (EV) can pull right up and start charging at our SemaConnect EV charging station – you are not required to join SemaConnect in advance!

We’re so happy to see our residents enjoying this new amenity at Princeton Westford. Interested in learning more about what we have to offer? View floor plans, see additional photos and schedule a tour here!

5 Tips for Hosting a Great Friendsgiving

Hosting a separate Thanksgiving with friends is a tradition that is gaining popularity over the last several years. Whether you host yours before the big day or serve leftovers after it, here are some tips to make your Friendsgiving fun and memorable!

1 – Make it an annual thing. Create some invitations (paper or use online sites like evite.com) and let your friends know they can look forward to Friendsgiving every year.

2 – Serve options other than turkey. Some people are “turkeyed-out” by the time Thanksgiving is over. Try serving some dishes that you wouldn’t see at a traditional Thanksgiving dinner.

3 – Ask your guests to bring something. If everyone pitches in and brings a casserole or finger food appetizer the work-load will be easier and less stressful.

4 – Start some unique traditions. Play board games, toast with a special drink, create a photo album of photos from every year. Traditions are fun (especially around the holidays). Your guests will know what to look forward to next year.

5 – Don’t force a timeline. Let your friends pop in and visit for as long as they’d like. If you have a strict dinner time set some people may not be able to attend.

6 Ways to Get Back in the “Back to School” Routine

Summer vacation is officially winding down. Soon it will be time to start setting alarms, packing lunches and sticking to stricter bedtime routines. It can be tough getting back in the swing of a schedule after spending the summer at home. Help your kids get ready for the upcoming school year with these tips…

1 – Start heading to bed earlier as a family. No more week nights of staying up late! Get the kid’s body’s used to a different and stricter sleep pattern now instead of later.

2 – Establish a place in your home that will be your student’s study space. This will be where they store their books and backpack and this is where homework will be done.

3 – Shop for lunch box essentials now. Start filling the pantry with items that you can easily pack for school lunch so you aren’t scrambling the night before school starts.

4 – Shop for school supplies together with your kids. Let them feel involved and excited by picking out their own backpacks and notebooks.

5 – Check with your school registrar to make sure all forms for enrollment are complete. You may need additional paperwork that you can start collecting now.

6 – Go over the school bus route so you and your children are comfortable with where they will get on and off the bus for school.

Pheasant Run Apartments in Nashua, NH

There’s plenty to do this summer at Pheasant Run Apartments in Nashua, NH! These beautiful one and two bedroom apartment homes are right across the street from the Pheasant Lane Mall! Spend your weekends shopping, relaxing by our pool and heading to dinner at one of MANY local restaurants on the DW Highway!

Less than one half mile from the Massachusetts border, this location is perfect for commuters heading towards Lowell, Burlington and Boston. Pheasant Run is a beautifully landscaped community nestled on 15 wooded acres in one of the most desirable Nashua neighborhoods. Pets are welcome (breed restrictions do apply) and we also offer furnished options if needed!

Visit here to view floor plans and additionally photos. Contact us to setup a tour today!

10 Things To Do Before Summer is Over

If you’ve visited a department store recently you’ve probably noticed that school supplies and backpacks have taken the place of bathing suits and pool toys. July is almost over so now is the time to make sure you’ve crossed a few items off your summer bucket list before it’s too late. If you’re looking for some summer-themed activities to make the most of your last week’s of summer keep reading….

1 – Visit a beach at sunset

2 – Go to a water park or splash pad

3 – Go strawberry and blueberry picking

4 – Host a barbecue

5 – Go to an outdoor concert

6 – Take a boat ride

7 – Make homemade popsicles

8 – Drink lemonade

9 – Sit by an outdoor fire

10 – Dine al fresco at a restaurant

How Princeton celebrates Thanksgiving

This time of the year things start to get a little crazy.  Did you remember to get the stuffing?  Are there enough place settings for everyone? What’s the best route to beat the holiday traffic?  Which Black Friday deals do you want? The list seems endless.  But despite the hectic schedule, most of us have our own traditions that we look forward to year after year.  We asked a few Princeton employees to share some of their Thanksgiving traditions.

We always invite someone that is not part of the family, a close friend or even just an acquaintance that does not have family close by. We get to know them and welcome them to our home. The tradition started with my Nana and we have met so many amazing people because of it. Plus sweet potatoes with marshmallows. No matter where we go, no matter who we are with it is a must have.

Christina

Dover

This will be the 10th year I run the Feaster Five in Andover on Thanksgiving morning. (And the 5th time i’ll run it in a spandex santa suit)

Elan

Corporate

We have been raising our own turkeys for almost 20 years. We always cook the biggest one on Thanksgiving for our family/friends. The biggest one we ever cooked was 46 pounds! That was an interesting year!

Charlene

Corporate

We go Black Friday shopping. We jump in line – usually close to 11pm and then wait until 1am when the store opens. Then we pretty much shop all night, have breakfast at a local diner and then go home to bed, usually sometime after 8am. After doing this for so many years, it is now not so much about the actual “shopping” but the experience itself. Last year, the guy in front of us was teaching us how to “Salsa” while we were in line!

Sheri

Lowell

We will be in Louisiana where Thanksgiving dinner includes cornbread dressing in a casserole dish and almost no one puts stuffing in the turkey. Then the argument is whether cornbread dressing should include sage. My sister in law says yes (Texas people!) though my grandmother would have never, ever added it.

Claire

Corporate

I will be cooking for the extended family. Turkey, plus all the traditional New England trimmings. I really enjoy cooking, baking and entertaining…but the real tradition is taking the family picture and espresso martini’s. Hopefully not all at once. I’m sure the pilgrims didn’t have Espresso Vodka, but it’s a staple when my family comes to visit!

Jayne

Corporate

What is a tradition that you look forward to every year?

Princeton is Growing – Forest Ridge

Comfort and convenience makes our residents happy to call us home. Welcome to Forest Ridge Apartments in Nashua, NH!

Nestled into a tree lined ridge, Forest Ridge Apartments is ideally-located near award-winning schools, local museums and shopping. So much to do and see in Nashua, spend a sunny day at one of the many local parks or join in on one of the many sponsored activities right on-site to meet your new neighbors. Enjoy the ease of on-site maintenance and management and spend your weekends at our well-appointed playground or tennis courts. There’s always something to do at Forest Ridge!

There are one and two bedroom apartment floor plans available as well as two and three bedroom townhouses. To view photos and floor plans and learn more about our community visit our website at movetoforestridge.com

10 Domestic Habits We’ve All Mastered

When young adults live on their own for the first time there’s a lot to learn. How much laundry detergent do I use? How often should I wash my curtains? How do I setup utilities? By the time most people are thirty and have lived on their own for several years they have mastered many domestic skills! How many on this list have you mastered? Would you add anything to this list?

1. How to prep and paint walls
2. Keeping basic kitchen items stocked
3. Keeping your home tidy and neat enough in case guests pop in
4. Having a well-stocked cabinet of cleaning supplies
5. How to host a get together (with enough food and drink for guests)
6. How to setup utilities and manage bills
7. The right way to paint, stain or refinish furniture
8. How to make your décor match
9. Making food in multiple servings
10. How to use basic tools (a hammer, screwdriver, power drill etc.)
11. The proper way to iron a shirt
12. How to remove a stain from any material